How to Solve Printer Driver is unavailable in Windows 10 – Printer is one of the important components for your office as well as home because with a printer you can print documents and photos quickly, but sometimes you encounter some errors.
One of those errors is when you see driver unavailable message after some time or even when you update your Windows. To see this message, you need to go to your Device printers then select your Printer and under Status, you will see “Driver is unavailable”.
If you haven’t been able to fix this problem so far, here, I will discuss some of the best solutions that will help you to fix your printer problem.
1. Reinstall Printer Driver
When you have some corrupted drivers or missing files from your printer, you will see the message Driver is unavailable, and a quick way to fix this problem is to reinstall download driver epson l3110 the current printer driver.
An easy way to do it is from Device Manager, and you can do it by following these steps:
- First, you have to open Device Manager. Press Win key + R and in the text box, type or copy this command devmgmt.msc
- Now press Enter to open Device Manager. After that navigate to the Print Queues . section
- Expand that section and right click on your printer device, in the drop-down menu that appears click on Uninstall Device
- When the driver is uninstalled, unplug your printer from your computer. To avoid conflicts, log out of your account and log in to refresh services and processes again
- Once you are logged in, plug in your printer and wait for Windows to update your drivers automatically
- Now go back to the Device and printers window and verify if the message still appears or the problem is fixed
2. Clean Install Printer Driver
If the above methods didn’t work to fix the ‘Driver is unavailable’ issue on your printer? You can try to do a clean reinstall download driver epson l1110 your drivers.
This clean reinstall process consists of removing the printer, removing the driver, and also removing the printer software. When you finally remove the printer driver, you can install the latest available driver from your manufacturer’s website.
- First, you need to remove your printer from Devices and Printers device. To do that, you need to find the search field in the Start menu and click on Control Panel
- Now navigate to the Hardware and Sound section and then click on Devices and Printers
- Scroll down and right click on your printer and select Remove device option
Once you have removed your printer, you need to verify that the device has been properly removed from the Device Manager.
- Open Device Manager, as in the previous method. You can also right click on the start menu and open it from there
- Now, navigate to and expand the Print Queues section
- Then right click on your printer and select Uninstall device option
Now, you need to disconnect your printer from your computer and also unplug it from the power source. If you have a wireless printer, you just need to unplug it.
Finally, you have to remove the printer software from your computer. You can do it from Control Panel quickly.
- Press Win key + R and copy or type appwiz.cpl. Then press Enter to open the Programs and Features . window
- There you need to scroll down and find your printer driver, like HP Printer Driver, or Epson, etc.
- Click on all software from your manufacturer and click on Uninstall . button
- When you finally remove all your printer software, you can restart your computer
Now you have successfully removed your printer from your PC, and now you need to plug in your printer and connect it to your computer. Windows will detect your printer and will try to install the driver.
Wait for the driver to be installed and then check if the driver is unavailable message has been cleared. If Windows is unable to install the driver, you should visit your printer manufacturer’s website and install the latest driver from there.
3. Update Printer Driver
If you are unable to fix the Driver is unavailable issue with the above methods, you can try using Driver Booster to fix this problem.
Driver Booster is a program that helps you to install and update drivers automatically, and this software can help you to fix the problem because it will uninstall and install new drivers.
One that is reported to fix this problem is Driver Booster, so there’s no harm in giving it a try as this software is free.
- Download Driver Booster and install it on your computer
- Once installed, open the program. Make sure to turn on and connect your computer, then click the SCAN button
- When the program is finished, definitely